Day 1 As An iOS Developer With No Experience

Photo from: Glamour

Day 1 as an iOS developer with no experience, Thursday is the day - September 3, 2015. Morning, I was very excited. One of the managers in our company gave me a Mac Book Pro (released in Mid 2012 - Intel Core i5 - 4GB Ram). Well, it's not really mine, but technically it is mine now, unless I leave the company, will I leave the company? I don't think so. This is my dream job!

I posted again on my Facebook wall.

Stay thirsty. Stay foolish
Thanks Steve! Originally, Steve's quote is stay hungry. Stay foolish. Well, I say, in next to no time your hunger will pass away, but not the thirst. Do you get my point here? Going on with my story, it was my very first first time to use a Mac. It was hard, quite hard for me to adjust myself as a windows user. Eventually, after few hours, I have familiarized myself in using the track pad and the keyboard of the Mac book. It's cool. It's fast.

Oh, let's not forget about the Xcode. I love Xcode. I learned first about the storyboard, even just for a short time. I mean, I just used the storyboard as part of my training (Self Training, I think). Anyway, about the Objective-C programming language? Ughhh! I love programming and I love challenging myself and my brain. Objective-C is not easy as C#. But I'm doing my best to become a better iOS Dev someday. Currently, I am the only one newbie iOS Dev in our company.We are hiring more developers with or without experience by the way. If you are from the Philippines, contact me. I have to mention that I have made friends very quick in the company, for they are so great and friendly. My boss even treated me a beer with a nice expensive salpicao, although I do not drink.

To tell you about myself, I have no background in Object Oriented Programming. I am not sure if I already mentioned this in my last post, but just in case this is the first article you are reading on this site, I'm mentioning it again. So yeah, I just started studying OOP this July after I realized that I really need oop knowledge in order for me to get a new job and to leave the company A ( read my last post ). I will be including in my next post the stuffs that I have learned in iOS App Development during my 2nd day.

Post a Comment