From SAP Ariba To iOS

Image from Ariba Website

I used to work at a certain big I.T company. An international company. I graduated with a degree of Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering from University of the East. That was last year, April 2014.

Before I marched into our commencement exercises, I already got a job offer front that company, I will name it as 'Company A'. I was very excited to work, and so after the graduation, I just waited for a few days or weeks and I started working. Day 1 at the company: all of the new hires were all enthusiastic, including me. I had no idea back then that the company would put me into SAP business, Ariba specifically.

I'm the kind of person who knows his or her path already in the corporate world. A person who knows what he/she wants in life, what job to take, dream to achieve. Now, imagine yourself being me. I was bonded, I mean I had a 1 year bond, I signed the contract. Was it my fault? I don't know, tell me. So yeah, I was so happy in my day 1 at the company A. I didn't know anything about Ariba back then, nor did I know what type of job will I be working on at that company, all I knew was the position I will be taking: software engineer. Sounds cool, right?

Going on... during my first month, I am not yet working in Ariba, just so you know the Company A has bought some parts of the Ariba, I don't know how to explain it well, but what I do know is that that Company A has the rights to sell the Ariba system to the clients. I was being trained in Java Software Engineering Fundamentals. Heck, that training wasn't about software engineering. We weren't even taught about object oriented programming. Honestly, I didn't or don't have a background in oop, even in college. My professors in programming were quite incompetent, not sure of that term though. At that first month, I was enjoying the training, because I'm doing some programming tasks, until the day of Ariba came.

My life in Company A - Ariba began somewhere in June 2014. From that very month or from the very first day of our training for Ariba, I started telling my friends in the training class that I hate our job. (see below my disclaimer).

Disclaimer: I am NOT doing any harm in Ariba company. The company is nice - both the company A and the Ariba company. It is just not the type of job for me. If you think this article makes damages in your company, please write to me via my contact page (will be editing the website very soon, probably next weekend).

To make the long story short, or let's say to make my life easier, I will just post here an excerpt of my status of Facebook - which I posted on my wall the night I left the company A.

Today is my happiest day at Company-A(not to mention my first day because I thought that my capability was or would be related to software development, but no. Instead I was assigned as a systems analyst, which I 'freakin' hate from the first day of our bootcamp). My friends knew from the very beginning that I really do not belong there. Every single day in our bootcamp, I was telling them that I hate the job, every day I was complaining to my girlfriend and to myself in a petulant way.  Friends, fast promotion, high salary are not enough for me to stay. I will not forget though my experience in this company. I did learn many things but I'm not really happy.

Today, I am working at a nice company as an iOS Developer. I am currently training myself, of course with the help of my nice boss. I hope you can relate to my story, tell me yours at the comment section or contact me. See my next post. My future posts will be more about on my adventure in iOS - objective C.

2 comments

A better pay, better incentives and benefits can't hide the fact that your heart is not in that job. Doing what you love always proves to be more beneficial at the end.

Reply

I'm glad to hear that, sap ariba. Good luck to you. Blogging is a great thing, and you get better with practice. sap ariba training in Hyderabad One of the best ways to grow is to read other people's blogs. See what they do, how they do things. It's always food for thought, and sometimes, it's downright inspiring.

Reply

Post a Comment