8th Day As An iOS Developer With No Experience

photo from: dreamstime

September 14 - 8th Day As An iOS Developer With No Experience

Monday - Another day of pressure. I’m really pressured, I was expecting that I can finish my tasks today and my backlogs before this day ends, but no. I wasn’t able. However, I mean, fortunately, I have learned many things. Practicing and making a project can really enhance one’s skills in software development. But I still want to be trained by people. It would be better if our CTO shares some of his experiences, or shares his story, you know, in order for me to get more inspired. 

I just realised that every new day, I learn more and more things. For instance, I learned how to use storyboard today. I’m loving the storyboard now, but I know I shouldn’t be hooked up with that storyboard forever. Storyboard has its limitations, we all know that. You can’t make complex applications using storyboard. I need to improve my knowledge and skills in using codes to build ui and logics.

I also learned how to include a loading image in your iOS App. I will someday make a tutorial for this one. I’m going to try to discuss it anyway here. 

First, for iOS version 8 (okay, I know this is false information, I mean this might be. Just correct me by sending me an email or commenting on this post) we need to have a NIB File (.XIB) for our Launch Screen. Is this necessary? Yes, because if your loading image fails to load in a certain iPhone or iPad or iPod, then this Launch Screen will load up. 

Okay, next thing is that we need to have a correct dimension of our loading image, and nice file naming convention. Like this one: ‘Default-568h@2x.png’. Here is a nice reference for the loading image sizes for different devices: http://www.idev101.com/code/User_Interface/launchImages.html


Going back to the storyboard, I’m really going to make a tutorial about this one. This Day-8 was good to me. I hope that my assumption (that this project that I have been doing for a week now is merely a testing for me, a self-training more likely, and not a real project that needs to be 100% done on or before September 25). Thank you Lord God for this opportunity and learnings.

1 comments:

this is a very interesting experience. I would also like to try this, only on android. Do you plan such an experience?

Reply

Post a Comment