18th Day As An iOS Developer With No Experience

photo from: drprem

September 29, 2015 - 18th Day As An iOS Developer With No Experience

Tuesday WITH PRESSURE - Today, I started my morning by thanking God of course, and then chatting with my partner on Facebook. Next, I had a conversation with my manager. He freakin’ pressures me man. I really believe I will soon be fired. This October. So much requirements, two projects. My main project has tough requirements and deliverables! I’m not Tony Stark, I’m no Bill Gates, I’m neither Mark Zuckerberg nor like my senior developers here in the office. I’m going to cry, no. I will not cry anymore because of this job. I enjoy it, but pressure and deadlines and responsibilities make me think that I should leave the company this October.

So much knowledge for today. Thanks to sir G.

Today, I also realised that I need another method to handle a user input in Alert View. Take a look at this answer by Wayne. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4560346/getting-text-from-uialertview

1st code:

UIAlertView *alert = [[UIAlertView alloc] initWithTitle:@"Enter Name"
                                                message:@"  "   
                                               delegate:self 
                                      cancelButtonTitle:@"Cancel"
                                      otherButtonTitles:@"OK", nil];
alert.alertViewStyle = UIAlertViewStylePlainTextInput;
[alert show];


2nd code: UIAlertViewDelegate:

- (void)alertView:(UIAlertView *)alertView clickedButtonAtIndex:(NSInteger)buttonIndex {
    if (buttonIndex == 1) {
        NSString *name = [alertView textFieldAtIndex:0].text;
        // Insert whatever needs to be done with "name"
    }
}


I’ve learned a lot because of sir G. He’s really kind and is okay to be disturbed just to teach me. Unlike other senior developers here, he will really teach you. I was assigned to debug a quite large project. To give you an idea, the project is similar to GrabTaxi app. I also learned about referencing View Controllers. Nice technique. Oh, by reading the source code of the project that I have been debugging, I now have an idea how to use constraints programmatically. I once saw that constraints in codes on Apple Website. Anyway, I’m just going to cut the post here because I have a lots of things to do.

Post a Comment